Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Avery says...

welcome to the wonderful world of acid reflux! I am definitely thankful that I made it 28 years without knowing the joys of acid reflux but apparently our little Avery has taken over all available space and squeezed out some of the room for my stomach. For the last two days I had no idea what this new pregnancy symptom was (yes, now that Bri diagnosed me it is obvious but I had never experienced reflux before). So my new game plan is reflux management = )

- Chewing gum after every meal
- Eating smaller more frequent meals
- Drinking a little ginger-ale throughout the day (hopefully there is a little ginger in there)
- Sleeping with my head elevated
- And of course if these don't work...medicine

I have always loved pillows but this is getting ridiculous. Travis bought me the massive Comfort-U pillow for my birthday b/c I am a back sleeper which is not recommended during pregnancy. So I have this fabulous U shaped pillow - one end propped between my knees, a small portion tucked under my belly, top part under my head, and the back portion propping up my back so that I won't roll over. And now I have an extra pillow under my head to elevate...there is officially a mountain separating my side of the bed from Trav's.

No comments: