Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby Belly - 17 Weeks


Disclaimer - I took this picture with a belly full of baby and watermelon. Travis commented that he thought I was pushing out my belly for the picture but I think its just a bit exaggerated thanks to all of the watermelon I ate around 8:30pm. Sorry!
Baby is now the size of an Onion! Average baby is approximately 5.1 inches at this time. Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. Baby's umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints!
According to my checklist it is time to sign up for childbirth classes and start working on the nursery = )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you confirmed that you aren't pushing your stomach out and that the photo is a genuine image of the baby pooch. I can't believe how big the baby is getting. But you did reference HIS umbilical cord... something you want to fess up too?