Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our 1st Ultrasound

Travis and I went to our first ultrasound yesterday...what a fantastic birthday present! Baby is growing right on track and is exactly at the 6 weeks 1 day development! It looks like we were only off by one day. He or she (my Mom is convinced its a girl...very scientific I'm sure) is 0.41 cm and has a little heart beating at 127 bpm. We were even able to see the heartbeat (a tiny little blinking light on the monitor. Beautiful!

And now its time to share a little too much. To do the ultrasound they told me to drink 20oz of water an hour before my appt. I suppose they are not aware that I am drinking so much water that I have to run to the restroom at a minimum twice an hour...ridiculous. So waiting an entire hour for my appt was torture and the first portion comprised of pushing down like crazy on my belly. That was the most awkward and uncomfortable 5 minutes of my pregnancy so far! I was thrilled that she confirmed that she saw the sac and there was only one baby...and way more thrilled that she told me I could go empty my bladder ; )

And second, I have officially learned my lesson...only eat itty bitty meals throughout the day. Travis and I tried to go out to eat last night for a little pre-birthday celebration and I have never felt worse. Guess that means today's real birthday meal will be an apple, and then two hours later some carrots, and then two hours later some yogurt...you get the idea...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to find out that Applebee's isn't what made you sick that night, because Applebee's is delicious. No it's not. I hope you are saving your ultrasoound pictures so that we can see them too!!