Monday, December 14, 2009

Baby Belly - 38 Weeks

We've made it to 38 Weeks!! The last bits of vernix caseosa (the white goo keeping Avery's skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into the amniotic fluid. Baby's head is about the same circumference as her abdomen, and her head could be covered in an inch or so of hair.

Another good appt with our midwife on Saturday although my blood pressure has been higher the last two visits so Travis and I got to spend some time Sunday at the hospital doing a non-stress test. Avery tried to sleep through the test but a nice jolt of sugar from some cranberry juice got her moving! No other problems such as headaches or swelling so it looks like my body is just getting ready for baby = ) Progress report for this week - 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced.

5 comments:

Aly said...

My goodness, she looks like she is dropping! I think baby Avery is about to make her appearance very very soon!!! Oh my goodness I can't even stand how excited I am for you!!! xoxo

Michael said...

You look GREAT! I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to meet her! Every time my phone goes off Im mentally getting ready. Love and miss you!

Lindsay Parker said...

WOW, you look awesome x10!!!

I can't wait to meet Avery! Please pass on the word to little Miss Avery that I will be in New Mexico starting Dec 20th for the holidays and will be there till Dec 27th... thus, if she could please try to plan her arrival somewhere in there, that would be GRRRRRREAT! jk! Hope to get to see both you & Trav (and hopefully Avery) sometime next week! -Linds

Melissa said...

It could seriously be ANY DAY NOW!! So fun, so exciting!! We miss you in California!!!!

Lots of love,
Missy =]

Anonymous said...

ah, baby girl, are you sure you are ready for this? Daughters are such an adventure.