Thursday, June 11, 2009

Today's Lesson : Round Ligament Stretching

Tuesday night I had some discomfort in the baby belly region but by the time I got home and went to bed the discomfort had turned into some serious cramping and pain. Of course this first timer freaked out that something was wrong with the baby! After calming info from Mom and my cousin Brindley (who will be having Baby Dalton any day now) I set out to learn everything there is to know about round ligament stretching. Now that my uterus is the size of a grapefruit and slowly starting to move to make room for baby...the thick ligaments that hold the uterus in place are starting to stretch. This is quite the unpleasant process (and so I'm learning even worse the taller you are b/c the ligaments have to stretch even futher)! I am feeling so much better today so hopefully I am fully stretched for this leg of the pregnancy. I am now hearing more and more about the coming aches and pains I will have to endure! I guess as long as I know they are coming I will be better prepared next time = )

My recommendations for round ligament pains:
Take the day easy and try to find a comfortable position to lay in
Drink even more water than usual
I found that by the end of the day actually doing some stretching helped with the stretching pain (I couldn't do this earlier in the day as I could hardly stand sitting up)

Yay for surviving my first freak out (no doubt of many)...

No comments: