Friday, May 14, 2010

More Things You Should Know About Avery

1.  We have to start with the hair!  It just keeps getting longer - which you would think would start to weigh it down but no...straight up we still go = ) 

2.  It gets easier every day to coax a laugh out of her.  Yesterday afternoon I discovered that dancing and singing to the movie Mamma Mia gets a solid 10 minutes of giggles out of her.  Regardless of your talent she loves to be sung to.  All the dancing and singing tuckered her out as she immediately passed out for a long nap once she was done with the giggle-fest.  My my, how can I resist you!

3.  My new favorite thing - every time I pick up Avery she nuzzles her little head into my neck and shoulder!  Its super sweet...typically only lasts a moment but I can't get enough of it.  This is a brand new move but I hope it sticks around for a while!

4.  The Mute Button - I realized the other day while talking to Emily that I haven't posted about Avery's mute button!  If you hold Avery on her belly in the cradle hold (I call it the reverse cradle) she immediately stops crying.  I'm not sure what it is about this position but it almost never fails!  I'll try to steal a picture of the Mute Button this weekend = )

5.  The position I hold Avery in for meals and the position I hold her to get her to fall asleep are basically the same.  One day she'll learn that you can't get milk through a shirt and bra ; )

No comments: